Hey everyone,
I'm new to this board (obviously!), and have 5 yrs of PICU experience in a Level I trauma center and have just switched over to the Adult Cardiac Surgery ICU (per my future CRNA director's advice)...and I'm kind of HATING it! :aargh4: I know I have to do it to get into the CRNA program I'm looking at...and I know I need the adult exposure but am having a tough time transitioning. Clinically I'm doing well, its not nearly as difficult as PICU was, but I just dread going in every night. I'm not "poor-me'ing" here...I'm looking for advice from anyone who has switched from Peds to Adults. I've been told that Anesthesia school is going to be 90% adults and I'm sure that it is, but taking care of kids is where my passion is. What is everyone's experience with switching from one to another....Peds to Adults or Adults to Peds? Also I've been told that I had to switch to adults to get IABP and Swan experience, how often do you all use those two devices? I'm sure it depends on where you work, but the way I'm hearing things, it sounds like if I don't have that experience, I would be useless as a SRNA...is it true? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys have to offer....