OK so
1. I worked in California for 3 yrs
2. applied to CRNA school in Michigan
3. got accepted into Oakland/Beaumont
4. drove cross country complete with husband, 3 year old, 2 dogs and 2 cars in tow
5. decide to go the agency route to make more money to save more money for school and of course i felt it was NOT fair to the hospital to apply get a job get orientation for 2 months and then quit after 6 months because of course I have to attend CRNA school (DUH)
6. BUT NOONE IN ANY OF THE FACILITIES KNOW I GOT INTO CRNA SCHOOL, I HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD ABOUT KEEPING MUM ABOUT IT
THEY ALL JUST ASSUME I AM AFTER THE MONEY, DONT WANT TO "PAY MY DUES" ON THE FLOOR AND BLH BLAH BLAH....
A CHARGE NURSE AND I GOT INTO AN ALTERCATION YESTERDAY BECAUSE SHE REFERRED TO ME AS " THAT LITTLE GIRL", I was like ": I am a nurse just like you, dont call me that little girl, I am not that little girl" . I felt so insulted ...but anyways
I AM NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY, I ACTUALLY LOVE CRITICAL CARE, I LOVE WHAT I DO, I KNOW AS THE AGENCY NURSE I WILL BE JUDGED MORE CLOSELY BUT MEN I AM GETTING THE HEAT, i have actually been warned about it,(by other agency Rns) but then I am a minority and a woman and so i get the look like " u want to do agency, huh u want to make more money than those who have been here 25 years...lets see what you know". My charting is audited hourly, which is fine by me but the intensity with which the following nurse scrutinizes and leaves me little notes because of course i did ALLL tthe big things its the little things like not putting a % sign or validating this I am missing blah blah blah...../

JUST NEEDED TO VENT, ARRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:aargh4: I FEEL BETTER ALREADY!!!!!