NP training Vs CRNA training - Whats the difference?
Many people ask the question about the two advance practice roles. Please use this forum to discuss the two and how they differ. I would invite any NP and CRNA instructors to reply as well as any dual certified individuals.
Here are some general things which have been said:
- NPs have a lackluster education in comparison
- NP programs now exist where a student can go from nothing to an NP without a day as an RN.
- NP programs can be done part time and completely online.
- CRNAs do not understand the continuum of care
- CRNAs are "gasspasers" or "tube placers" only
- CRNAs never truly understand long term care of patients or disease
Our Site is 100% Mobile Compatible!
Ab/Ex uno disce omnes
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on this website by the Admin or other Staff are not the opinions of the AANA (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists)