Many people ask the question about the two advance practice roles. Please use this forum to discuss the two and how they differ. I would invite any NP and CRNA instructors to reply as well as any dual certified individuals.
Here are some general things which have been said:
- NPs have a lackluster education in comparison
- NP programs now exist where a student can go from nothing to an NP without a day as an RN.
- NP programs can be done part time and completely online.
- CRNAs do not understand the continuum of care
- CRNAs are "gasspasers" or "tube placers" only
- CRNAs never truly understand long term care of patients or disease