hey guys,

havent posted here in a while! anyway, I have a dilemma and I'm having a hard time sorting things out. I graduated with my BSN in 2006 with a GPA of 3.9, started out in General Pediatrics for about 1.5yrs and recently transitioned to Peds ICU for about 7 months now because I've decided to pursue being a CRNA. I'm going to be taking my GREs in October (which out of 5 schools I'm applying to, only USC is requiring; UPenn and Georgetown already waived the requirement). I recently went for a counseling session with the Kaiser/CSUF program and they told me that everything else looks good except for the fact that I dont have any Adult ICU experience. I was also strongly encouraged by the USC director to try and procure some adult experience. I'm scrambling around right now trying to find a hospital that would train me part-time so I can still work in PICU part-time (since I've only been there for such a short time) but everywhere I go, they want me to sign on for a full time position. I plan to start the program in the Fall of 2009. I will have my one year by the time the program starts but if you were in my position, would you work in both Adult ICU FT and Peds ICU PT? This would mean that I would possibly be working 60hours/wk. I'm 24 and dont have anything that would really tie me down (well my significant other of 7 years says he understands =/). I'm just really excited to start this journey and don't want to waste anymore time before I can start a family in the future. Ahh my head's going awry. I would appreciate and take into consideration any advice that you may have! THANKS!!!