Although my post count doesn't reflect, I've been here every day for the last two months. What a great forum this is! Thanks for all the information and contributions.

Some background: I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology, taught high school science for three years and have been a stay-at-home mom for the past five years. I originally started college with the intention of becoming a physical therapist, but for various reasons, decided on the teaching route. I've always had a draw to go back to school and do something in the medical field. Enter my husband, whose uncle is a CRNA. When he gave me my epidural with my first child, I knew I loved him. When I began talking to him about his career, I knew this was something that I wanted to do.

Tomorrow I will start four hours worth of pre-reqs. to apply to nursing school. Because of our family and my husband's job, the best option for us is for me to attend a nursing program at a community college in the town we live. I have already contacted the school where I want to attend the CRNA program (again, it works best with our family and my husband's job) and they suggest for someone who already has a Bachelor's Degree to go to an Associate's Degree Nursing Program.

So, after this long-winded explanation . . . my question. How many of you got into CRNA school without a BSN? How many went to a community college for their nursing degree? Am I making a mistake to attend such a program? I have a 3.8 undegrad GPA at a University, so I have proven myself academically in such a setting. I'm just worried that the distinction "Community College" will look bad on my CRNA school application.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any and all replies!!