Hello all, I'm a recent high school graduate and I'm interested in becoming a CRNA. I previously had decided to go pre-med but several weeks of contemplation have made me realize that's not the lifestyle I'm interested in, and that I won't be considering med school anymore (not a decision that was popular with my parents truth be told). I haven't ruled out becoming an NP, but that's for another time...

I understand that becoming a CRNA entails first becoming an RN/Having a BSN or equivalent degree in a science and then working for a few years. With RNs as family members, taking health classes and having done volunteer work at a hospital, I have an idea of what the work entails. Anyways, I live in the South Texas area and I had intentions of attending UTSA and later transferring to the UT Health science center in San Antonio after two years to receive my BSN, and then from there working as an RN until I apply for CRNA school. However, now that I've decided not to go pre-med, I've been considering just doing CC for the first 2 years.

My question is - Do CRNA schools look down upon applicants who went to community college? Or am I just being idiotic and wasting thousands by not going CC? Is GPA more important (I'm fairly sure I can maintain a high GPA in CC)? I've tried looking up this stuff online but have found nothing so far. Thanks...