Hey Everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice about choosing the correct CRNA school. This fall, I applied to two CRNA schools: Texas Wesleyan and OHSU. I applied to TWU because they had a clinical site near my hometown but OHSU was my first choice school. As of now, I have been accepted into TWU but with a different clinical site in Texas (several states away from my hometown). And I didn't get into OHSU.

After visiting/interviewing at both schools, I have some concerns about attending TWU. First is the larger class size. I'm more of an introverted person and I tend to do well in small groups. A class size of over 100 students feels overstimulating to me. Also, there seems to be a lot of disorganization with this school. Since I didn't get my preferred clinical site, my clinical site has changed several times because they weren't sure how many clinical spots were at certain sites. Another part that worries me, the TWU program doesn't have any clinical days until the latter half of the program. That means going a full 12 months without seeing a patient before starting clinicals. My last concern is a little superficial. I'm a very outdoorsy person. Fort Worth doesn't seem to have any hiking/skiing/cycling. I realize I won't have much of a life while I'm in CRNA school, but those are activities that make me happy and keep me sane.

My questions are: Are these valid concerns? Or am I overreacting? Would it be worth it to decline admission to TWU and apply to other schools that might be a better fit?