So I will try to abbreviate my story so that I do not lose your attention. I have been a nurse or 8 years, with 1 year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner. My bedside experience includes ER, GI and Med Surg. No ICU experience. I have tried to obtain an ICU position in the past and because I was honest in saying that my career goal was to become a CRNA I did not get hired. I do not want to be dishonest because I will need the ICU manager to write a letter of recommendation so I do not want to lie in my interview. With that being said, I cannot apply to a CRNA program without ICU experience. What am I to do?

I am studying for the CCRN and GRE as it was not required for my NP program. I have my CEN (certified emergency nurse). I am taking chemistry classes however my biggest challenge will be obtaining a bedside ICU position with an advanced practice degree. I feel discouraged at this point but I am too driven to give up. What advice do you have for me as I pursue becoming a CRNA? Is this an attainable goal or are the odds against me? Have any of you went from NP to CRNA?