Hello all!

I need some help with some advice for admissions. I am a soon to be ABSN student, and have decided after shadowing 2 CRNA's that it is what I truly want to do for my future career. I need some advice on admissions though.

My first degree is a bachelors of science in biochemistry with a minor in exercise science. My first two years of school were a horrific experience. In high school I never cracked a book and graduated with my IB diploma and a 3.8. College was a rude wake up call, and I basically had to teach myself how to study for the first time. Needless to say my freshman and sophomore years left a bit to be desired in the GPA area (getting shingles and mono did not help either haha, but no excuses). I ended up finally getting the hang of things and made deans list junior and senior year getting A's in all of my difficult science classes. I ended up graduating with a 3.29 cum and a 3.1 science GPA.

I am now in an ABSN program, and am doing great in clinical and with all the theory, but the NCLEX exams throw me for a loop, I will be graduating in February with a GPA somewhere between 3.5-3.6.

I know I need to get into a good ICU and get some good working experience, and I intend on getting my CCRN. Any suggestions on what I can/should do to get into a GOOD CRNA program? My dream is to go to USAGPAN, and I know I meet all of the requirements for NEU but do I need to boost my stats a bit with some graduate courses/retakes?

If anyone could provide some advice it would be much appreciated! Thanks!