Its now 4:38 and I have been pouring over all your posts for an hour. Ill go to bed soon, I suppose... Some questions that have come to mind and I am hoping that some of you can point me in the right direction...
1. Is there a good book or can someone link me to the history of the CRNA? I would like to read more about it.
2. Im still learning how to maneuver through the site, I keep hitting older posts but as of now, do you feel an over-saturation of CRNA's coming out of school? Im first year nursing student and love picking the brains of any CRNA I come across. I've heard several of them tell me not to do it. They say its hard to find a job, there are too many CRNA's, etc, etc. I'm a stubborn mule so its still my dream but I would like to know what the future of CRNAs looks like.
3. Is it just me or is there a boom of people interested in becoming CRNAs? It seems to me like every other nursing student wants to be a CRNA. When people ask me what I would like to specialize in, Im almost embarrassed to express that thats the dream I have been chasing for fear of sounding like someone who just jumped on the bandwagon for the money like so many others I have encountered. Whats up with this?
Any insights would be appreciated...