Ok, so I am currently an RN with one semester left of my BSN. I have been working as an RN for 11 years. 2 years PICU, 8 years PACU and 1 year in an ICU. I will be taking 3 semesters of chem including bio-organic chem. So far for my BSN, Junior and Senior years, I have a 4.0 GPA with one semester left. My fresh. and Soph years my GPA is 3.58. I have shadowed a few CRNA's and they all seem to love it. I am certain that I would love it also. I have been planning/dreaming about it for a while.

I am the primary breadwinner for my fam. My husband was successful in business, when the economy tanked everything was wiped out. He is the stay at home dad and loves it, he does a great job with our 2 kids. He has his own aspirations, that he is thinking about putting on hold so I can complete mine.

My concern is the job outlook and over saturation of CRNA's. I would be entering CRNA school in the fall of 2014, plus 3 years for the DNP-A, that would put me graduating in 2018. Is it realistic to expect to be able to pay off a huge amount for student loans and living expenses after going to school? I don't want to be one who is 200k in debt working as an RN because there are no more CRNA jobs. I would be willing to move anywhere there is a decent paying job.

I would love to go to a top tier school.

Am I on track or am I missing something? Is it crazy to be entering the CRNA work place around age 39?