I was reflecting back on my clinical experience so far and wanted to share some of the apps that I use regularly on my smartphone or android tablet that I have found helpful.

Unbound Medicine ĖAnesthesia Central
This is by far my favorite app and my go to app. It IS expensive (was like $150 originally and $80ish for the renewal a year later) but was worth it enough that I Renewed it. It is available for Apple as well as Android. I have it on both my tablet and my smartphone with only one account. When you open it up, you get a few options such as Davis Drug guide, Manual of Anesthesia practice and a few others I have never used. The Davis drug guide is a pretty good drug guide that I used from undergrad BSN days and it works well for me. When you click on Manual of Anesthesia practice you get more options including; coexisting disease, critical events, drugs, procedures, techniques. The Coexisting disease section is similar to Stoetling but not as comprehensive. The Critical events includes ACLS type stuff and other time to change your pants items. The Drugs section is a drug book but not as extensive as the Davis drug guide but it gives different information. For example the Davis drug guide would list Versed as a benzo, sedative, etc, the drug guide inside the anesthesia section lists it as a gaba 1 agonist, with dosages and such for how we use it versus its usage on the floor. Procedures is similar to Jaffe, but not as comprehensive. The techniques section includes items such as blocks, airway assessment, etc.

How do those sections differ from the textbooks I referenced? I describe it this way. If you are familiar with Barash and Morgan & Mikhail I say itís the Morgan and Mikhail version of those textbooks. Just as Barash and Morgan and Mikhail cover very similar topics but not at the same level of information or depth of knowledge the sections are the not as in depth nor quite as many topics. Similar but not as in depth and not as many topics covered. Its also written in a different manner and does not include photos. Actually the lack of photos especially for some of the blocks is one weakness to the app imho.

I like it in times when a new case gets tossed in my room or I got moved to a different room that I had not prepared for. It was also helpful in writing care plans as its different from Jaffe on some subjects.

Anesthesiologist
This is a nice app where you put in your patientís age and weight and it calculates out dosages, gives estimated ETT sizes and size of blade to use and also some hemodynamic information. I used it a lot my first few days in my pediatric rotation to double check my math and memory of normal values. It does have a few things different from what I learned and what the pediatric clinical site I was at used for doses so I donít trust it blindly. Overall a good app and was cheap at only a few dollars.

Pedisafe
This is another cheap at $5 or less that is good for a very quick and brief reference on pediatric stuff. Its basically a braslow tape on your phone that gives very basic information about tube size, drug dosing for induction and code drugs and a few other things. Didnít find it super useful in peds but if I only did kids rarely would definitely make my list if I didnít usethe anesthesiologist app.

Eponyms
This is a VERY large listing of weird diseases, syndromes, genetic abnormalities, etc. When you look something up it gives a very brief description and information similar to a Wikipedia article so the information isnít exact but its enough to get a decent idea of what to avoid or be wary of.

RealCalc
Just a nice scientific calculator app that I use to calculate things in the OR

Precedex app
Itís a free app by the makers of precedex that makes it easy to use an infusion pump that only allows you to set a rate and not a dose delivered.