Breaking Healthcare News July 26, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- High blood sugar means higher surgical-infection risk: studyPatients’ blood-sugar levels may provide clues about their likelihood of developing surgical-site infections, according to a study in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
- Wis. shared-savings ACO teams with AetnaAurora Health Care, Milwaukee, will collaborate with Aetna to offer commercial health insurance plans through Aurora’s accountable care organization.
- American Hospital Association holds lots of campaign money in reserveWith the November congressional and presidential elections a little more than three months away, provider advocates have ramped up their campaign giving — with one notable exception.
- Mercy Health System names new CMOMercy Health System, Conshohocken, Pa., named Dr. Neil Whitaker chief medical officer, effective immediately. He succeeds Dr. Jeffry…
- Hill-Rom buys scalpel maker Aspen Surgical ProductsHill-Rom Holdings, Batesville, Ind., announced it has closed on a deal to pay $400 million to purchase Aspen Surgical Products, a