Breaking Healthcare News July 3, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- GlaxoSmithKline agrees to pay $3 billion in largest U.S. healthcare fraud settlementIn the largest-ever fraud settlement in U.S. history, GlaxoSmithKline has agreed to pay $3 billion in settlements and to plead guilty to criminal charges related to its branding, safety disclosures and price reporting of several drugs.
- HealthStream buys Decision CriticalHealthStream, a Nashville-based human-resources software developer for the healthcare industry, has purchased Austin, Texas-based software maker Decision Critical.
- Researchers find higher costs for medical homesHealthcare payment reform is needed for the patient-centered medical-home model to be sustainable, according to a report published online by the Journal of the American Medical…
- CHS announces another acquisition in Pa.Community Health Systems, Franklin, Tenn., announced its third acquisition in Pennsylvania in a little more than a year. The for-profit hospital operator closed on a deal to acquire Memorial Health Systems, York, Pa.
- Antibiotic use, resistance tied: study… (Continued...)