Breaking Healthcare News June 27, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Feedback sought on use of work info in EHRsA federal health institute is weighing the benefits of including patients’ occupation information in their electronic health records.
- AHRQ releases 2011 quality snapshotsStates can track their progress in healthcare quality from last year after the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s release of the 2011 state snapshots that examine strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Doc insurer ProAssurance in two dealsProAssurance, an independently traded medical professional liability insurance carrier, is acquiring two industry liability insurers in Nevada and Vermont.
- UC Davis to oversee Calif. cancer registryThe day-to-day operations of the California Cancer Registry, the California Public Health Department’s statewide cancer surveillance system and database, are now the responsibility of the University of California Davis Health System, and a physician…
- FDA user-fee bill clears SenateLegislation to reauthorize the Food and Drug Administration’s drug and device