Breaking Healthcare News May 16, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Urgent-care chain Solantic expands, rebrandsSolantic, the chain of urgent-care centers that Florida Gov. Rick Scott founded in 2001, is expanding and changing its name to CareSpot Express Healthcare.
- CDC panel calls for team approach on blood pressureAn expert panel is advising a team-based approach to controlling high blood pressure, a condition that affects 68 million American adults and costs the U.S. healthcare system more than $130 billion annually.
- TriZetto company buys doc-pay software specialistTriZetto Group, a Denver-based healthcare information technology services provider, has acquired physician reimbursement software company NHXS.
- Consumers see hospital, doc-office prices riseConsumer prices for hospital services climbed 0.6% in April after the prior month’s increase of 0.2%, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Price Index. The figures are seasonally adjusted. For April 2011, consumer hospital…
- Wolters Kluwer finds pharma analytics buyerSymphony Technology Group has acquired Source