Breaking Healthcare News May 12, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- IMedX buys Accumed ScriptShelton, Conn.-based iMedX announced its acquisition of Accumed Script, a Columbus, Ohio-based medical-transcription firm, according…
- Erlanger names Creel interim CMOErlanger Health System, Chattanooga, Tenn., has named Dr. James Creel interim chief medical officer, effective May 14.
- Hospital PPI rose 0.3% in April; doc-office figures dipWholesale acute-care hospital prices increased 0.3% in April for the second straight month, according to preliminary figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Producer Price Index.
- IRS to accept comments on changes to Form 990The Internal Revenue Service said it will briefly accept comments about changes to the Form 990 that were prompted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- AMA repeats call to halt ICD-10 adoptionThe American Medical Association has renewed its call to hit the pause button on the national adoption of the ICD-10 diagnostic and procedural codes.
- RUC physician fee lawsuit … (Continued...)