Breaking Healthcare News May 4, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Mednax division buys anesthesiology practiceAmerican Anesthesiology, a division of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Mednax, has acquired physician group practice Brazos Anesthesiology Associates, Bryan, Texas, for an undisclosed amount of cash.
- CMS delays data collection for Sunshine Act to 2013The CMS has again extended the implementation of the Physician Payments Sunshine Act and will not require drug and device manufacturers to begin collecting data on payments to providers until 2013.
- Amcom buys system for speedy test-results deliveryAmcom Software, a Minneapolis company that specializes in critical communications technologies for healthcare, education, government and other sectors, has acquired a clinical test results-management system from Pewaukee, Wis.-based IMCO…
- Highmark launches GPOHighmark, the Pittsburgh insurer seeking to acquire a distressed health system, announced the launch of ProtoCo Supply Chain Partners, a group-purchasing and supply-chain services organization.
- Busts made in Lilly drug theftLaw enforcement officials have recovered more than