Breaking Healthcare News April 25, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- HITRUST announces cybersecurity centerThe Health Information Trust Alliance, a Frisco, Texas-based organization focused on information security, has established a new center dedicated to cybersecurity within the healthcare industry.
- NextGen Healthcare parent buys Matrix ManagementQuality Systems, Irvine, Calif., has acquired physician-founded revenue-cycle management company Matrix Management Solutions, North Canton, Ohio.
- Wishard docs group restructuresIndiana’s Wishard Health Services and more than 100 primary-care and hospitalist physicians on faculty at the Indiana University School of Medicine have formed a new organization: Eskenazi Medical Group.
- Preventive cardiology group names new presidentThe American Society for Preventive Cardiology has named Mayo Clinic cardiologist Dr. Stephen Kopecky as president.
- Locum Tenens doc group names Phillips presidentThe National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations elected Interim Physicians executive Frank Phillips as the group’s next president.
- EHR adoption still lags for small, rural practices: researchersAdoption of electronic health-record systems remains higher