Breaking Healthcare News April 14, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- GAO notes Defense Dept.’s lack of progress on health-cost initiativesOf the 11 goals the U.S. Defense Department has identified to slow its rising healthcare costs, the department has made progress in just one area, the Government Accountability Office concluded in a new report.
- Texas hospital reopens after bomb scareAfter two hours of confusion and rumors late this afternoon, McAllen (Texas) Medical Center reopened its doors after an apparent bomb threat.
- Rib-X Pharmaceuticals names chief development officerRib-X Pharmaceuticals, a New Haven, Conn.-based antibiotics developer, named Dr. Matthew Wikler as its new chief development officer.
- ABIM CEO Cassel to step downDr. Christine Cassel will leave her posts as president and CEO of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the ABIM Foundation in July 2013, when her current term ends.
- R.I. Senate votes to remove limit on acquisitionsThe Rhode Island Senate voted 36-0 to