Breaking Healthcare News April 9, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- St. Jude Medical wants journal to retract reportA medical device manufacturer is demanding that a medical society journal retract a report which concluded its products “are prone to high-voltage failures that have resulted in death.”
- Funding deal approved for Ariz. KidsCare programArizona can resume coverage for children eligible through its state-federal insurance program for the poor under a new funding arrangement approved by the CMS.
- Regent Surgical announces joint venture with Irish firmRegent Surgical Health, a Chicago-based surgery-center management and development firm, is expanding its relationship with the physician group Neurosurgery Ireland by announcing the company’s first international hospital and physician joint venture.Brought to you by ModernHealthcare.com*
- Doc seeks ouster of trustee at N.Y. hospital slated to closeA physician has asked a bankruptcy court to oust a trustee who has moved to permanently close Peninsula Hospital, New York.
- Utah officials: Medicaid records breach … (Continued...)