Breaking Healthcare News February 23, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Former exec pleads guilty to kickback schemeA former assistant administrator of a Houston hospital pleaded guilty to a kickback scheme in which he paid patient recruiters to send Medicare beneficiaries to the hospital’s partial hospitalization programs,
- FTC dismisses Omnicare lawsuitThe Federal Trade Commission dismissed the lawsuit it filed in January to block Omnicare’s attempt to acquire PharMerica Corp., a rival institutional pharmacy company.
- Providers assail proposed $2.7 billion in Illinois Medicaid cutsIllinois healthcare providers ripped Gov. Pat Quinn’s plan to cut $2.7 billion from the state’s Medicaid program.
- Another delay on meaningful useThe Stage 2 meaningful-use proposed regulations are not expected to be released today as originally anticipated, said Elizabeth Holland, director, HIT Initiatives Group in the Office of E-health Standards and Services at the CMS.
- ONC awards $100,000 in open-source contestThe Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and