Breaking Healthcare News February 8, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Ministry Health buys out partner in Wis. systemAffinity Health System in Wisconsin’s Fox Valley has converted from a jointly sponsored three-hospital system into an entity controlled by a single Roman Catholic hospital operator with the goal of becoming an accountable care organization.
- HHS aims to curb pre-term birthsThe Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation will award about $40 million in grants to test approaches that can help reduce the rising number of pre-term births in the U.S.
- Brookings report: Barriers limit state health information exchangesThe current governance, financing and policy barriers limit state health information exchanges from reaching their full potential, the Brookings Institution said in a report.
- Recondo Technology acquires TrilogiRecondo Technology, the Greenwood Village, Colo.-based healthcare revenue-cycle software developer, announced the acquisition of Lakeland, Fla.-based Trilogi, a revenue-cycle management and recovery company.
- Atlanta-area hospitals seek consolidationA consolidation agreement may be