Breaking Healthcare News February 6, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Crowd-sourced contest developer InnoCentive buys OmniCompeteWaltham, Mass.-based InnoCentive, which works with companies to develop online tools for crowd-sourced problem-solving, has acquired OmniCompete, a U.K-based developer of online competitions.
- HIMSS names three as clinician IT leadersNurses Carol Bickford and Kathleen Smith and Dr. Russell Leftwich were named winners of the Chicago-based Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society’s clinician information technology leadership awards.
- HCA to pay special dividend of $1 billionHCA, Nashville, announced it would be paying a special dividend to shareholders worth a total of about $1 billion, as it announced fourth-quarter earnings of $1.9 billion.
- Longtime hospice advocate Labyak diesMary Labyak, a pioneer of the U.S. hospice movement, died Saturday from lymphoma, according to a spokesman for the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- NIH launches consumer clinical-trials siteThe National Institutes of Health has launched a new website aimed at educating the