Breaking Healthcare News February 2, 2012
Today’s Healthcare Headlines:
- Study finds rising number of HAI outbreaks tied to norovirusAn increasing number of healthcare-associated infection outbreaks are due to norovirus, an easily spreadable organism whose symptoms include vomiting and fever, according to a study in the American Journal of Infection Control.
- Grassley queries FDA chief on retaliation allegationsA senior Senate Republican is trying to determine how far the Food and Drug Administration took its alleged monitoring and retaliation against employees who raised safety concerns about some medical devices.
- Prime drops offer; N.J. board OKs plans for bankruptcy filingChrist Hospital’s board of trustees approved plans for a bankruptcy filing “if necessary” after Prime Healthcare Services withdrew an offer to buy the struggling New Jersey hospital.
- Group pushes health worker flu vaccinationsA national employer healthcare group joined several provider advocacy groups in urging hospitals to require their employees to obtain annual influenza vaccinations.
- Reform shrinking … (Continued...)