This Just In from Outpatient Surgery:

From Seattle comes news of another patient who has suffered serious facial burns from a surgical fire.

Last week, a man was undergoing a 1-hour procedure to remove a bump from his head at Grays Harbor Community Hospital when his oxygen mask caught fire. He suffered burns to his face and head. The man said he believes the cauterizing tool used in the surgery caused a spark and that, in turn, ignited the oxygen in his oxygen mask. He said doctors have told him it could take more than a year for his burns to heal.

Read the full story at