MSU Making Claims Not Based In Reality Re Nursing Program Woes
Mountain State University is painting a rosy picture to their nursing students despite the very real possibility that their undergraduate nursing program could lose state Board accreditation. The WV State Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses placed MSU’s nursing program on provisional accreditation in November 2010 for a series of deficiencies including:
* Failing to maintain at least an 80 percent passing rate on the licensing exam for first-time candidates
* Failing to make major changes in the nursing program curriculum to include general education courses**
* A lack of strong administrative leadership
* Deviating from admission criteria in admitting nursing students to the university
* Failing to communicate information to students about their grades, the nursing program curriculum and transfer credit.
We reported this past week that the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education rejected the nursing program’s bid for national accreditation for failing… (Continued...)