Hello all,

I am new to this site and I am sure some of the questions I will ask have been answered, I apologize for this. My background is that I'm 23 years old and currently applying to Nursing programs. I have been accepted to the Nursing program at the Community College in my town (West Palm Beach, Florida), and I have also completed the pre-reqs for the Four year university nursing program (Florida Atlantic University) My ambition is to become a CRNA, and it is a heavy ambition. My main concern is completing my RN at the community college and then doing the bridge program to get my BSN. If I go to the four-year university I will finish with my BSN and will not have to go back to school for what I believe to be 1.5 years approx after completing an AS degree at the community college. Will I be more desirable having completed my schooling at the university? I was also wondering if I should take more science course while I wait to start the program to make myself more qualified (i.e. General Chem II, Organic I & II, Physics, Calculus, etc..) My GPA at the community college where I just finished my AA degree is a 3.64. I also have healthcare experience as I have been a Firefighter / Paramedic for the County Fire Rescue for four years now, and would have approx 7-8 years experience after becoming an RN and working for a year in an ICU. Would I be better served to prepare myself for the GRE and volunteer than to take any of the aforementioned science courses. Also, do you think being a male and having previous healthcare experience will help me with my admissions process. I understand some of these questions my be redundant, not have the clearest answerers, or may come off as basic, but any information, and the time you take out of your day to answer them will be greatly appreciated.