This probably seems trivial in the grand scheme of things, but for those w/ children, how do you manage sports & extracurricular activities? As of now, my children are in various sports/activities/after-school clubs, etc...and my husband and I are VERY involved. For example, he's coached their teams and I've been the "team mom" on numerous occasions, we're in PTA, volunteer in the class, eat lunch w/ them a few times a month, chaperone field trips, etc... I know I won't possibly be able to do these things and don't expect my husband to carry that load since he'll be working full-time (if not overtime) and managing the household while i'm in school. However, I do feel extremely guilty about abruptly pulling them out of everything...we've already started discussing that possibility and my 2nd grader said he understood but then burst into tears when I said that could mean he can't play basketball. I'm an adult so I understand the sacrifice and the cost vs benefit, but I'm at a loss for how to convey this to my children. I'm also afraid that the void they'll feel will be even greater since I've been SO hands on and available to them, in fact my husband and I have strategically worked opposite shifts for many years so that one of us is always available and so they didn't have to go to daycare. I'm definitely starting school in the Fall, but the impact it will have on my children scares me more than the workload, student loans, and marital problems combined...