Hi, everyone--

I'm pretty new to these boards and have spent a lot of time lurking. I'm in the process of deciding what my next step will be, career-wise, and have been reading a lot about nurse anesthesia. Now, please be kind, as I've not yet shadowed a CRNA, and am in the very early stages of this decision process. I have a few thoughts and would like a few opinions.

1. I am a hard worker and willing to do what it takes to get the job done to the best of my abilities. However, I am not interested in working 60+ hours a week for the rest of my career. Can you discuss the possibilities of a good work-life balance in this career?

2. One thing I love about being an ICU nurse is the adrenalin rush. I admit that I am an adrenalin junkie. Strangely enough, one slow night exhausts me far more than a night of constant running. I hear people talk about how adrenalin has no place in anesthesia, which I completely understand. However, I worry that I might not like the slow pace. I do love taking care of very, very sick patients, titrating drips, monitoring ABGs, and constantly thinking about what's wrong, and what could go wrong. Anyone want to comment on what appears, to me, to be a slower-paced career?

3. I worry about how I'm going to pay for school but that is another subject for another time and I see there are many threads on this subject.

I will have more questions at a later time, I'm sure. I plan to do some shadowing in the future, of course. Thank you very much for your input.