I am an associate degree RN, and I will be finishing my BSN this coming December. I am finally eligible to apply for CRNA school this fall semester. As soon as I finished my associated degree, Iíve worked full time and gone to school part time to complete my BSN. I feel worn out; nevertheless, Iím looking forward to continuing on to achieve my final career goal.

Iím frustrated because my husband and I have basically put all of our lives on hold for over ten years. Weíve delayed having children and not settling down due to my future career choice. I understand how competitive CRNAs schools are. My biological clock is ticking. Iím not young anymore. Iím worried that I donít have the time to wait year in and year out until a school finally accepts me.

My current statistics:

3 years of adult critical care experience if I am accepted into a program next fall. (I work in an adult med/surgical ICU. Our ICU is a jack of all trades. We get open hearts, neuro patients, surgical patients, medical patients, etcÖ) I am not sure if this matters, but I have 2 years of adult med/surg nursing experience as well.

GPA

Associate Degree in Nursing 3.778 (My associate degree was a nightmare. We started out with 50 students. Only 8 out of the original 50 made it all the way through.)

BSN 3.62 (My nursing courses are 4.0. The only reason why GPA is so low is because of the computer science courses, higher level calculus, and other courses that I took for a computer engineering degree 8 years ago.)

GRE

Verbal 540 (I studied really hard for this. Iíve never been good at English. English was not my first language and it is not the language that I grew up with at home.)

Quantitative 750

Analytical Writing (I took this test 2 days ago, so I donít have my grade yet.)

I shadowed several CRNAs within a span of four days. (roughly about 32 hours)

Iím applying to four CRNA schools.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting an interview and actually getting accepted? I get pretty nervous for interviews. Iím not spectacular, but I think Iíll make it through.

Any recommendations you guys may have would be great. I don't have my CCRN yet. I'm taking a 4 credit Statistics course and a nursing elective this Semester. I think it's too late for me to try to concentrate on studying hardcore for a CCRN now unless I don't get accepted this next Fall.