I am an American and Canadian Dual-citizen. My ultimate goal is to be a CRNA, and I had everything in line until my nursing school that I was planning on attending this fall withdrew my admissions due to a late transcript. Apparently, all public universities in my state did that this year becuase more people enrolled then excepted.

I've researched and there is nothing that I can do to get back into the fall admissions for this bsn program in America.

However, I still have an offer for a canadian BSN university that starts this fall. I could go here and finish in two years, or if I really wanted to go to an american BSN program i would have to wait a whole entire year!

At this point there is no more classes left for me to take--ive taken all nursing pre-reqs, and even finished all my crna pre reqs like organic chem series and physics series, etc. Logistically there's really nothing I can do to get a BS or BA while Im waitin for the BSN and ive made up my mind not to do that.

1.)So, I was wondering, if I go to Canada and get my BSN there (At Queens university, one of Canada's top 5 universities), and then come back home to America to go into Critical care/ICU, how hard will it be??
I have American Citizenship so that's not a problem, but since I only intend on working in the USA, will hospitals be less likely to take me?

How hard will it to be to be placed into an American ICU hospital (preferably on the west coast even though Queens is a canadian univ. near new York right out of nursing school? Will I have to wait months to get a placement thereby making it better to just attend a later graduating American BSN program? THe Canadian grad date is summer 2012

2.)Will most CRNA programs even accept a canadian BSN? Since that is my ultimate goal, i would be devasted if come crna application time, my degree's not even valid!!

I grew up in the United States and it will forever be my home!! I just want to get a bsn in canada so I can get in and get out faster to be a critical care nurse/then crna.