So I was at clinicals yesterday and one of the CRNA's comes up to me and gives me a hard time about drawing up succs when I'm not planning on a RSI. His argument is that students waste too much drugs because they feel like having a syringe already drawn up is like a security blanket. I argued that 1)even if I don't use the succs that day, I save it for the next day. Chances are that within a couple days I will have used it. 2) You should always have some ready to push to treat a laryngospasm refractory to PPV during induction/emergence. 3)if you induce and have difficulty ventilating, you need a rapid acting paralytic so you can hurry up and DL and hopefully pass the tube.
He argued #2, saying that he would not want to stop PPV at any point because that is going to be your primary treatment and rarely would you resort to succs. He argued #3, saying that he would not want to paralyze in the event of difficult masking.
My counter argument to #2 was, In my short career as a student I have given succs twice to treat laryngospasms refractory to PPV. I countered #3, saying the duration of action of IV induction agents (namely propofol) and succs are so similar that it wont prolong resorting to waking the patient up if that's what it came to.

My question is, what is everyone else's thoughts on this subject? Do you give succs if difficult to ventilate and for what reasons?