Hi everyone, I'm glad I found this website. I'm an RN, interested in become a CRNA, starting my BSN completion here this summer.
Having completed the ADN program with a 3.5 GPA, I don't have much of a math background. I took College Algebra waaaaaay back when I first got out of High School and had no focus--so I got a (gulp) C. Planning on taking it again, but I would like to know how much math is enough for CRNA school? Do I need up through Calculus, or is Algebra far enough? I have some work to do with my prior academic mistakes, but I am quite a bit more driven and dedicated than I was when I was 20 years old.
By the time I'll be done with my BSN, I'll have 4+ years as an ICU nurse (including open heart recovery, CVVHD, IABP), CCRN, and hopefully a higher math/science GPA.
Also, I was wondering how soon a person can take the GRE? Do I have to wait until after graduation, or can I take it before? And has anyone taken one of those GRE review classes, and did you find it to be helpful?
Sorry to barrage you with so many questions right out of the gate! But if I see brains around, I start picking them very quickly.