PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern

nikkigirl
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
any word from Northeastern on interviews yet?

Jdog19s
12-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Today is the first day of interviews, or maybe it was yesterday..

nikkigirl
12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
do you know if they have sent out all of their invitations for interview?

nikkigirl
12-13-2009, 08:54 AM
would you be willing to share a little insight into the program? what did it take for you to get in? GPA, GRE, Certs... How was the interview, clinical, personal, a little of both? how do you like living in Boston? what is the "bang for your buck" factor with cost of living?

J-Dubya
12-13-2009, 12:21 PM
how do you like living in Boston? what is the "bang for your buck" factor with cost of living?

Boston is a nice city to live in. Lots to do, great restaurants. It's not NYC and lots of stuff closely early, but it's an awesome college town. Winter is brutal, fall and summer are awesome. Cost of living is high though.

Jdog19s
12-13-2009, 07:03 PM
If they did it like they did it last year, all of the invites go out at the same time and then the applicants write back to choose what date they would like to interview on. If you live really far away they said that they do not like to "waste your time" by making you travel so far if they werent really sure you were likely to get in..which is considerate kind of.

Honestly, I didn't have the most amazing stats.. I had CCU/CSU x 2 years. Open heart recovery nurse/balloon pump certified and orienter of new staff. GPA 3.31 GRE 1200. 3 great recommendations, 1 from our chief of cardiac surgery- none from an anesthesia provider.

I felt like a huge portion of getting in was based on a successful interview. It was clinically oriented. 3 separate rooms, each with 4 to 6 CRNAs/anesthesiologists that wanted to hear about a problem pt you took care of, meds they were on, mechanism of action, things you would have done differently. In between all of that we talked about personal stuff, they like to know who you are. They want the class to get along well so we can help each other get through it all.

The school so far has been great. Our class is really close, our last final is tomorrow and we are all going out to celebrate afterwards. Boston is a great place to spend a few years in.. I won't be staying forever :)

I hope that helped. Are your numbers similar to mine? For all I know they could have had a poor applicant pool last year and I got lucky- maybe this year is just stellar competition- don't give up!

nikkigirl
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Thank you so much! I actually heard from the school yesterday...I had emailed the admissions department with a few questions, with one of them being when they thought the would notify students of potential interviews. I was told that the letters have not gone out yet and that they are still in the review process...there is hope for me yet! Thank you so much for telling me a little bit about yourself and how you are enjoying the program, i'll let you know what happens!

Jdog19s
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh nice! Judging from your profile you bring some good experience to the table so good luck!

nikkigirl
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
thank you!

VCUBen
12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
If they did it like they did it last year, all of the invites go out at the same time and then the applicants write back to choose what date they would like to interview on. If you live really far away they said that they do not like to "waste your time" by making you travel so far if they werent really sure you were likely to get in..which is considerate kind of.

Honestly, I didn't have the most amazing stats.. I had CCU/CSU x 2 years. Open heart recovery nurse/balloon pump certified and orienter of new staff. GPA 3.31 GRE 1200. 3 great recommendations, 1 from our chief of cardiac surgery- none from an anesthesia provider.

I felt like a huge portion of getting in was based on a successful interview. It was clinically oriented. 3 separate rooms, each with 4 to 6 CRNAs/anesthesiologists that wanted to hear about a problem pt you took care of, meds they were on, mechanism of action, things you would have done differently. In between all of that we talked about personal stuff, they like to know who you are. They want the class to get along well so we can help each other get through it all.

The school so far has been great. Our class is really close, our last final is tomorrow and we are all going out to celebrate afterwards. Boston is a great place to spend a few years in.. I won't be staying forever :)

I hope that helped. Are your numbers similar to mine? For all I know they could have had a poor applicant pool last year and I got lucky- maybe this year is just stellar competition- don't give up!

Did you get a job in the ICU right out of school?

Jdog19s
12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey VCU, I actually worked on a tele floor for 8 months, then went to CCU/CSU for about 2 years when I was accepted.

MrZassi
12-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I received an email with an interview day a few weeks ago. Interview is not till early January though. I live on the west coast so they may have sent me an invitation early considering the distance I have to travel. Good luck.

nikkigirl
12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
prior to the deadline?

MrZassi
12-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Email was dated Nov. 25th. I turned in the application early though, about a month before I received the email.

nikkigirl
12-17-2009, 08:24 AM
a good friend of mine was interviewed prior to the application deadline, and accepted!! the director told her that they felt like they were losing a lot of good applicants because of their late deadline, so they have been going after those who looked like a god fit! Congrats! I hope all goes well, let me know!

hcne209
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey all! I have been looking for a chat about NE applicants forever on here haha. I interviewed on Dec 11 and was accepted that day...has anyone else heard back yet? I know interviews are coming to a close soon. I am anxious to know who my classmates will be! :)

nikkigirl
02-13-2010, 02:11 AM
i interview on the 19th...i'll let you know how it goes!

nikkigirl
02-21-2010, 01:20 AM
interviewed on the 19th of Feb and got the call a few hours later!! im in for fall 2010!!

Jdog19s
02-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Congrats, I'm sure we'll run into each other this fall sometime!