PDA

View Full Version : Duke interview question from an SO

TheSO
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi all,

This has got to be a new one on this forum - a question from a SO about the CRNA admissions process! :hmmmm2:

Does anyone know if all Duke applicants receive an interview invitation, or if they only ask a select group to interview? I've always assumed the latter to be true for any program, but Duke's website makes it sound like every applicant gets an interview. Is that possible?

Any response is appreciated!

Thanks,
TheSO

MmacFN
07-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey :)

Welcome to the site! Whats a SO? (seriously i dont know)

TheSO
07-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for welcome!

SO = Significant Other (I noticed others using it on this site, so I figured it would be good to use...guess I should've clarified it!)

Truthfully, I'm a spouse - my wife is applying to programs and I'm all for it. I enjoy researching programs and admissions info with her. She just got a call last night from Duke and we were both ecstatic. After looking over the website again, I was slightly confused about whether everyone gets an invite. Just trying to very generally gauge odds of admission - I'm an engineer so that's just my thing!

Like I said, probably a first on this forum.

Best,
TheSO

MmacFN
07-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh cool! Thats awesome your actively helping to find out info!

I know thats not the general rule at places, but i can speak for duke, maybe some others will have info!

Enjoy the site!

johnny500
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey there. I just got an interview from Duke as well. I have no idea whether or not they offer them to everyone. From the email, it sounded like a "welcome to the school, here's our program, we'd like to get to know you better," kind of thing.

DebbieC
08-16-2007, 05:43 AM
I would say it is a good bet that Duke, as with any anesthesia program, does NOT interview every applicant. There are so many applicants for each available spot. They interview, I'm sure, those who meet minimum requirements, i.e., BSN with decent GPA or BS in science field and RN, critical care nursing experience. I would imagine that Duke gets lots of applications each year.

I wouldn't worry about it. She got her interview, she gets a chance to sell herself. That's what is important.

cyclic AMP
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey, been on the site for a while now... finally get to say that I am going to Duke in January... how can I get added to the Duke member only part??

cyclic AMP :)

scottsrna
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I am a Duke Student (Class of 2009) and I know that they do not interview all applicants.

Rioplatense
11-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm thiking about applying to Duke next July. What was the interview like for those of you who are going to interviewed? Were there clinical questions or just get to know you?